Production Technology and Organization
The group "Fuel Cell: Production Technology and Organization" deals with the production technology of PEM fuel cells regarding mobile applications. The scientists' focus is on the scalability of the processes in order to enable a cost reduction for fuel cell technology. The technical issues range from the overall system, in which the balance-of-plant components in particular require major optimization, to the repeat parts in the stack such as the membrane, catalyst, gas diffusion layers, and bipolar plates. By building prototypes and integrating them into vehicles, the PEM experts are demonstrating their medium-term economic use under real conditions.
Your job with us
The research group offers graduates the opportunity to work as research assistants.
- +49 170 708 2111
- Send Email
- Scalable production processes for fuel cell components and systems
- Investigation of cost potentials through economies of scale
- Design and validation of fuel cell systems for mobile applications
- Production concept development for fuel cell and electrolyser technologies
- Roadmapping to an individual or holistic hydrogen infrastructure
- Enabling industrial companies to participate in the hydrogen value chain
- Design of systems for stationary and commercial vehicle applications