Design of an integrated structure for the production of lithium-ion battery cells
Motivation and Procedure
The goal is to design a continuous process chain and structure with efficient and perfectly tuned technologies for the production of lithium-ion batteries. For this reason it is necessary that research institutes and partners from the industry work together in a research consortium. In this consortium, the competences of the WWU Münster in the field of battery materials and battery cells and the competences of the RWTH Aachen in process and production engineering are brought together. A pilot production line will be built in Münster where all the steps from material development to assembly can be tested. Based on the gained knowledge, it is possible to create a conception of a continuous process chain and structure for the large-scale production of lithium-ion batteries. In its constellation, this consortium covers the entire process chain to the production of battery cells. The universities involved bring together their comprehensive skills in the design of production structures and technologies and the design of battery cells while the industrial partners bring in their know-how about the different plants, technologies and process steps in this project.
- Development and optimization of the production process.
- Development of an integrated production concept .
- Process Development.
Integrative improvement of production technologies
- Test and measurement procedures/formation
- Measurement method End of Line/sorting
- Bonding technique
- RWTH Aachen University
- WWU Münster
- Institut für Stromrichtertechnik und Elektrische Antriebe (ISEA)
- Institut für Schweißtechnik und Fügetechnik (ISF)
- COATEMA Coating Machinery GmbH
- 3WIN Maschinenbau GmbH
- IBG Automation
- Digatron Industrie-Elektronik GmbH
- Westfälische Wilhalms-Universität
- MEET Batterieforschungszentrum