Quality Management in Li-Ion Battery ProductionCopyright: PEM
Motivation and Procedure
- Design of a unified approach for quality monitoring in the production of Li-Ion battery cells. For this reason we need to uncover the correlation between process parameters and quality characteristics of the battery.
- In this working group consisting of industry and research, process steps of battery production are analyzed. The goal is to validate a quality control loop in real applications.
- Figure out which process parameters have an influence on the quality of the battery.
- Know when and what needs to be measured and how precisely it should be done in the production process
- Understand how the different processes have an effect among one another in the technology chain.
- Figure out how the processes can be standardized.
Understand which precision level demands are to be fulfilled in the different processes.
Research and Project Partners
- RWTH Aachen University
- Werkzeugmaschinenlabor (WZL)
- Forschungsvereinigung Antriebstechnik e.V.