InfrastructureCopyright: RWTH Aachen Campus GmbH / capricorn development
Presentation of the research project eLab
Motivation and Introduction of eLab
The eLab explores the electro-mobile production process, from development to production. It represents two areas of expertise, in which development and production processes can be explored and optimized. In eLab the manufacturing processes of the battery and the electric powertrain can be analyzed in a real production environment. In addition to the automation of production and research of engineering systems and prototyping is the efficiency of the processes in the foreground
Objectives of eLab
- Support through expertise and construction of a comprehensive infrastructure for the development of electric vehicles to series production.
- eLab as a point of contact for companies in the development of electric vehicles and their components.
- Project-related and cross-project collaborations are possible.
- Laying the foundation for the series production of electric vehicles through a highly sophisticated development environment for battery and drive train components.
Research and Development in the Following Areas
- Battery production: Shuffle, coating, formation & aging, cell contacts, pack assembly
- Rotor Assembly: Gluing and assembling with magnets, heating of the rotor core, joining the rotor shaft, balancing, cleaning, magnetizing
- Stator: The stator winding, impregnation, interconnect
- Final assembly: Heating the housing, joining of housing and stator, joining of the bearings on the shaft, joining of the rotor in the stator assembly of bearing shields and seals, end-of-line test, rework
You can find additional information about the eLab here.